GAIA Natural Baby Shampoo is a mild, soap and sulphate free gel that is extremely gentle on little scalps as well as your baby's skin and eyes.
A nourishing baby shampoo that is pH neutral, low foaming and gently cleanses the hair and scalp without stripping your baby's natural protective oils.
Added moisturising properties keep baby's scalp from becoming dry or flaky to minimise cradle cap.
GAIA Natural Baby Shampoo uses organic chamomile extract which brings out natural highlights, leaving your baby's hair soft and shiny.
Not only suitable for newborns, babies and toddlers but great for all the family as well and a little goes a long way so you don't need to use a lot to get beautiful, shiny hair.
Cradle Cap Handy Hint:
- organic sweet orange, naturally antibacterial to gently cleanse
- organic evening primrose oil to soften and condition baby's scalp and hair
- organic chamomile to brighten and bring out the natural highlights
- No soap, sulphates or harsh cleansing agents to dry or irritate
- No petrochemicals or artificial fragrance agents making it eczema friendly.
Exactly what causes cradle cap remains a bit of a mystery but what we do know is that it is better to use a product that is pH balanced, free from drying agents and is moisturizing so not to upset the natural oils of your baby’s scalp, which can lead to dryness and cradle cap.
We get a lot of feedback from mums who have babies with cradle cap and have used GAIA Natural Baby Massage Oil and Baby Shampoo with great success. Here's how -
- Either have a bath with your baby or completely wet their head.
- Using GAIA Natural Baby Massage Oil, apply a small amount of massage oil to the palm of our hand and using your fingers massage into their scalp. Keep applying until their scalp is really moist, just like when you put milk on a corn flake so it goes all soggy!
- With your fingers or a soft wash cloth, ever so gently rub over the cradle cap. The scales should start to break up and flake. If so, comb the particles through the hair. If not, keep applying the massage oil and continue to lightly rub over the scalp.
- Once you have combed out most of the flakes (this is a fairly sticky process so there will be some left) then use GAIA Natural Baby Shampoo to wash their hair, this will clean off any excess oil and cradle cap.
- Gently towel-dry your baby’s hair and apply a couple of drops of GAIA Natural Baby Massage Oil to your fingers then massage into your baby’s scalp