The Leander Cot is world renowned for its beautiful design where the organic, oval shape and the curved lines adds softness and elegance to its appearance. High quality materials and a superior level of craftsmanship applied to the production means the cot will last for generations. Danish furniture making at its best and the Scandinavian heritage is strong.
The child’s perspective is important in Leander’s designs and the cot design incorporates several different configurations to follow the development from baby to child, from cot to junior bed.
The 5 configurations of the Leander Cot are:
- A) With the base in the high position the cot acts as a bassinet for your newborn.
- B) Once baby is mobile and can pull him-/herself up to sitting the base is moved down and the full height of the rails protect your child.
- C) When your child has a good concept of sleeping and can walk, you can remove one rail side and give him/her free access in and out of the cot. The other high sides remain and add familiarity and a sense of security while this new level of freedom is explored.
- D) Next you can remove the other rail side and both the top ends to create a small bed. The cot is gone and a new era begins.
- E) The final stage is the junior bed where an extension kit (optional extra) allows you to extend the bed by 30cm, to 150cm which suits most children up to the age of 5-7 years old.
The Leander cot is made from European beech carefully processed into plywood and finished with water based paint and lacquers. The mattresses (choice of two - which are additional) are made by Europe’s top manufacturer and offer an unsurpassed level of breathability and comfort. A comprehensive range of accessories are available as well as complimenting furniture pieces.